Australian Otaku Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toradora - Finally Finished Watching

4 posters

Go down

Toradora - Finally Finished Watching Empty Toradora - Finally Finished Watching

Post  xandox Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:40 pm

Well, now that I've finished my 5 weeks of teaching I'm finally able to start watching all those shows I've collected over the past few months. So I finally sat down and finished the last 18 episodes of Toradora.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone and despite its length (25 episodes, which isn't too long) I wonder why a certain Anime club in Adelaide didn't put this on their voting list.

Yeah, I know what you're all thinking. It was obvious that Taiga and Ryuuji were going to hook up in the end. But what I liked was that way the story transformed from a hilarious comedy into something with a bit more drama. It wasn't until about 15 episodes in that I realized I was watching a Harem show. But it never felt like an average one relying on pathetic levels of fan service (Shuffle anyone?). The only thing that bugged me was the ending. I would have thought that after a whole year of Taiga and Ryuuji being apart would end in something more climactic than Taiga smacking Ryuuji in the head...

Still, I definitely enjoyed this series. It wasn't exactly Clannad After Story (which i gave a 10/10 on MyAnimeList), but it did draw me in. It gets a 9/10 from me.

What were your thoughts?
xandox
xandox
Ultra Director
Ultra Director

Props : 31
Location : Well Duh! Posting in the forums! (You're trying to trick me aren't you?)

http://myanimelist.net/profile/xandox

Back to top Go down

Toradora - Finally Finished Watching Empty Re: Toradora - Finally Finished Watching

Post  ARTA8SIMS Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:37 am

I finished it when it finished and yes it is a pretty good series. 8/10 I'll give this.
ARTA8SIMS
ARTA8SIMS
ウッーウッーウマウマ(゚∀゚)
ウッーウッーウマウマ(゚∀゚)

Props : 312

https://auotaku.666forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Toradora - Finally Finished Watching Empty Re: Toradora - Finally Finished Watching

Post  garry-sama Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:15 pm

yeah toradora is good... some character's i felt were a bit of a annoying third wheel thou (Ami Kawashima) bitch.... and beside's that i was maybe a little predictable and empty love they had for other's taiga and reiji but yeah it could have ended a little betta ^_^ i reckon 7/10 for toradora oh and after story tear jerker of the century.... Crying or Very sad
garry-sama
garry-sama
11th Division Captain
11th Division Captain

Props : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  khajiit Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:17 pm

Ahh I really need to watch this... it's just sitting there, right next to clannad....

But Moetan has stolen my lief cheers
khajiit
khajiit
Touhou Whore
Touhou Whore

Props : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  garry-sama Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:19 pm

khajiit wrote:Ahh I really need to watch this... it's just sitting there, right next to clannad....

But Moetan has stolen my lief cheers
traitor!
garry-sama
garry-sama
11th Division Captain
11th Division Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  xandox Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:25 pm

garry-sama wrote:oh and after story tear jerker of the century.... Crying or Very sad
There are only 4 shows that I have come close to crying in...

The first one was Azumanga Daioh when Sakaki patted Chiyo-chan's dog after constantly getting her hand bitten my that damn cat.

The second was the last episode of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (first series) when it hit me as to why Fate was so incredibly Moe.

Then there came Clannad and Clannad After Story (especially after story). There were countless times right from when Nagisa broke down during at the start of the play, when "That" happens about halfway through After Story, and when it started happening again to another character. There were other things too, I just can't quite remember when as well as trying to avoid spoilers. Just watch it already!

The last one was Toradora... a few instances near the end involving relationships that could have been not panning out and the end of the ski trip.

Nothing's tipped me over the edge yet.Azumanga Daioh is the closest so far. I plan watching Kannon (2006) after finishing Shakugan no Shana. Perhaps that might do it (I really gotta stop watching these sorts of shows).
xandox
xandox
Ultra Director
Ultra Director

Location : Well Duh! Posting in the forums! (You're trying to trick me aren't you?)

Back to top Go down

Post  garry-sama Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:29 pm

xandox wrote:
garry-sama wrote:oh and after story tear jerker of the century.... Crying or Very sad
There are only 4 shows that I have come close to crying in...

The first one was Azumanga Daioh when Sakaki patted Chiyo-chan's dog after constantly getting her hand bitten my that damn cat.

The second was the last episode of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (first series) when it hit me as to why Fate was so incredibly Moe.

Then there came Clannad and Clannad After Story (especially after story). There were countless times right from when Nagisa broke down during at the start of the play, when "That" happens about halfway through After Story, and when it started happening again to another character. There were other things too, I just can't quite remember when as well as trying to avoid spoilers. Just watch it already!

The last one was Toradora... a few instances near the end involving relationships that could have been not panning out and the end of the ski trip.

Nothing's tipped me over the edge yet.Azumanga Daioh is the closest so far. I plan watching Kannon (2006) after finishing Shakugan no Shana. Perhaps that might do it (I really gotta stop watching these sorts of shows).

one word "ushio" the most incredibly cute ultra manifestation of clannad after story............................... affraid
oh and let me say for the record toradora when taiga pulls that wooden sword out for the last time and duke's it out with the class president GREATEST CAT FIGHT EVA!!! Twisted Evil
garry-sama
garry-sama
11th Division Captain
11th Division Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  xandox Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:44 pm

xandox wrote:There are only 4 shows that I have come close to crying in...

And watching Kanon finally did it for me...
xandox
xandox
Ultra Director
Ultra Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down